In the spring of 2018, we successfully completed our accreditation cycle by earning a full 6-year accreditation term! Our visiting team of three principals and two teachers studied our Self Study report and then spent three days with us from March 21-23, 2018. During their time here they met with all constituencies of our community and thoroughly studied all aspects of our school. The team was tasked with evaluating our accreditation Self Study report and, through observation and analysis, ensuring that we meet the high standards set by the WCEA (Western Catholic Educational Association).
The accreditation team’s report rated us a “Highly Effective” school! In fact, we earned the top rating of “highly effective” in 11 out of the 12 categories, with the only “effective” being in an area where we had already set a goal for ourselves. Wow! We are all so grateful for the support of our entire community throughout this accreditation cycle. We are such an amazing Catholic school and it is so rewarding to have that reflected through our accreditation results!
The visiting team listed these aspects as our school’s significant accomplishments:
- The strong, active support of the Pastor and Parochial Vicar
- The commitment of the faculty and staff who are growing in their own faith and sharing this faith with students and parents
- The writing of the SLEs that are aligned with the Six Elements of Discipleship
- The accomplishment of the previous accreditation action plan leading to learning plans for students in need
- The analysis of MAP testing which led to individual goal setting for Grades 2-8 in language arts and math
- The integration of technology into daily student learning
- The hiring of a Stewardship Development Director
- The addition of weekly Masses and Saint Houses
Click here for the Report of Findings from our accreditation team.