We have some wonderful news to share. Dr. Abdelmalek has updated her recommendation for schools due to the decrease in new COVID-19 cases in our county. She is now recommending that students return to on-campus learning in a careful and phased-in approach. We are now one step closer to welcoming our students back to campus.
Our considerable summer planning efforts that led to the creation of our Back to School Plan have prepared us to safely welcome our students back to our campus. We have always prioritized the health and safety of our students and our entire community and this crucial commitment will remain at the heart of our campus re-opening efforts. In the coming days, we will be working with our health and safety team and our faculty to review our procedures and prepare for students to return to our campus. We are doing everything we can to follow health department guidelines to ensure that everyone is safe and that our campus can re-open safely.
As we continue to make these preparations, we have developed the following timeline to efficiently welcome the whole school back during a phased-in period, with our youngest students returning first followed by our older students the next week.
Week of September 28-October 2
· All students will remain in virtual learning.
· There will be no school next Thursday, October 1st and Friday, October 2nd to allow our teachers to fully prepare the school building for the return of students and to allow for dedicated time to adjust curriculum planning for on-campus learning.
· Spartan Camp remains open for all three camp groups on Monday-Wednesday; there is no camp on Thursday and Friday when there is no school.
Week of October 5-9
· Pre K-3rd grade will return to the school building for on-campus learning starting on Monday, October 5th. During this week, we will focus on teaching procedures and helping our youngest students become acclimated to the school building and our safety protocols.
· Grades 4-8 will remain in virtual learning to allow a phased-in approach to our return.
· Spartan Camp remains open for our 4th-8th graders attending camp.
Week of October 12-16
· Grades 4-8 will return to on-campus learning starting on Monday, October 12th.
· Spartan Camp closes.
We will be following our Back to School Plan for the remainder of this year which outlines the steps we are taking to ensure student safety through the required wearing of masks, hand washing, temperature checks, cleaning protocols and drop off/pick up procedures. As we work with the health and safety team to review our plan, any updates to the plan will be published next week and key details will be drawn out and highlighted in Thursday Notes.
Before and after care will be offered for a limited number of students and with no drop-in option to retain the cohort grouping requirements that we have been following. Registration will open next Thursday through a Thursday Notes link.
Please note that when we return to on-campus learning, school will continue to end at 2:15 PM to create dedicated time for our virtual learning students to connect with their teachers.
As stated in our Back to School Plan, parents have the option for their children to continue virtual learning.