We are thrilled to announce that we can return to on campus learning starting in October. Our faculty and staff have been collaborating in five teams since mid-June to prepare for the safe re-opening of our school building. In alignment with our Back to School Plan, these teams have been assisting in the following areas of our reopening: Community Building, Health and Safety, Logistics, Curriculum and Instruction, and Technology. We are doing everything that we can to ensure that we lean into our unique mission and create a safe environment that develops the whole child within our Catholic educational framework.
Our procedures follow health department guidelines and ensure that a safe environment is created for all of our students. Our gradual return to campus (October 5th: Pre K-3rd, October 12th: 4th-8th) will allow us to safely teach our procedures to our youngest students first as we transition back our students back to campus.
– Students, teachers, and staff will wear masks throughout the day.
– We will maintain 6 ft. of social distancing. Desks are spaced 6 ft apart in each classroom, we have capped enrollment numbers for on-campus students, and we are using some adjoining rooms to spread out our larger classes.
– Students will receive temperature checks as they leave their cars in the morning to ensure that they do not have a fever. They will remain in their car and go home if they have a fever. Students must be fever free, meaning temperature below 100.4 without the use of medicine, for 24 hours before returning to school. If your child is feeling ill, please keep them home from school.
– Students who become sick or indicate that they don’t feel well during the school day will be sent to the St. Blaise Room and parents will be called to pick them up. The St. Blaise Room is the small conference room across from the school front office and it has been set up as an isolation room, in alignment with health guidelines.
– Students may arrive between 7:45AM and 8:10AM and directly enter their classrooms. A staff member will be at each entrance and students will receive hand sanitizer as they enter the building.
– Tape on the floor will direct traffic in our hallways.
– Lunches will take place inside the classroom. No hot lunch will be served except pizza will be served on Wednesdays. We are creating the timeline for when pizza Wednesdays will begin.
– Hand washing stations are spread out throughout the school hallways so that students can wash their hands throughout the day, including before lunch and after recess.
– Elementary grades will have mid-morning recess and after lunch recess. Two elementary grades will have recess at one time. Middle school will continue to have their recess after lunch.
– Touchable surfaces and high touch areas throughout the school will be disinfected throughout the school day and after students have left in the afternoon.
– Afternoon pickup will be staggered with students that have siblings exiting the building at 2:15 and being picked up in the upper lot. Individual students without siblings attending the school will exit the building at 2:18 and be picked up in the main school lot.
These procedures will be taught and reinforced to our students when we return to the school building. We all look forward to welcoming your children back to our campus in the coming weeks and doing everything that we can to ensure a safe return.
We can’t wait to welcome our students back!